Am I Getting Anything Accomplished?

I have a friend who rejoices in reminding me on the 25th of evey month exactly how many months there are until Christmas is actually upon us. And on that day every month I take stock on what Christmas stitching I have actually accomplished this year. While I am WAY ahead of what I did last Christmas, which was very little, I have not gotten much done.

I think that a bigt part of my problem is that I have too many things started at once. I'm not like alot of stitchers out there who can have many WIPs going at once. For me, that is overwhelming. I feel like I have too many things to work on and I can't decide what to pick up, so I end up stitching on nothing at all. Not good, I know. That's why I try to keep my WIP load to three or four, at the most, one of which is usually a big project. That way when I get tired of the big one, I can work on one or two of the small ones and I feel like I am actually working on things and finishing them.

Let's take stock. What do I have going at the moment?

The HAED Pandas;
The HAED Sampler Letter;
A Minnie Mouse ornament;
An LHN ornament;
The candy cane ornaments;
and the Halloween Quadrielle.

Somewhere along the line my stitching rotation grew.

Maybe the new television shows will be of some help. I like to stitch at night while I watch t.v. and have found Pan Am, Terra Nova, and A Person Of Interest are great stitching shows!

I love this little box! The inside is line with velvet and the top has an open space for whatever you want to add to it.
This was the panda that was supposed to be on the baby quilt before I changed directions on that project, and I have been wondering how I was going to use it. This one is mine, but then I had a great idea. I have two nieces with birthdays right around Christmas, and I thought that this would make a great birthday gift for a little girl! I am going to stitch their initial in their favorite color and put that in the top. What could be better than your own, personalized treasure box? I would have loved that as a kid!

From my ever increasing list of works in progress is Minnie:


She's getting there, but she's taking a while, or so it seems to me.

Last year LHN put out a Christmas ornament a month and I bought all of them. And they sat in my stash and did nothing. I'm trying to rectify that this year. This is one of the new ones from this year, but I loved it! When I think of Christmas, not only do I think about the family and friends that we share the day with, but I think about the food and, more importantly, the desserts!

I might actually make this one twice. I think that I am going to send this one to my cousin who is going to help me finishe the Nativity table runner. She does not want me to pay her for her time, and she is a magnificent baker. I thought that this would make a nice thank you for her help.

Can you see the outline of the pegasus wing on the Sampler Letter?



This piece is really strange. While I'm working on it I never really see what I'm stitching. Well, obviously, I can see what I'm stitching, but I don't see the big picture, if you will. It's usually after I stop working on it, take it out of the hoop and take a good, long look at what I've stitched that I can see it in its entirety. And I am usually pretty excited about what I see!


I think for me, that is one of the best parts of stitching. Seeing the whole project take shape from day to day. I love that. Being, not only to make something, but to appreciate the steps that it took to make it all along the way.


It's Monday, the start of another week. Hopefully, I will get something accomplished. Have a good week and I hope you get some stitching time in!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Book, Some Ornaments, and a Giveaway!

A Quiet Sunday

And The Cake Was...