The Four Seasons of Intervention

As I moved from the brown, earth tones of the acorns border to the blues of the flower border I wasn't  sure I happy with the project.


Picking colors is not my strong point and I didn't think that the browns and the blues really went together, but I kept going, albeit very slowly.  As I was stitching on the blue border last night I was trying to think how I could make this work, and then suddenly it hit me!  Work the piece in quadrants.  Each color combination, except the center purple colors, will represent a season.  All of the motifs in the "fall" section will be done in the brown colors, all in the "spring" section will be blues, and so on.  

With that in mind may I present the beginning of the spring section of Intervention:

 

It's almost April, and like many, I am waiting for the warm weather to come and stay awhile.  I am, however, ready for it to get warm with this awesome cross stitch shirt




Anyone else like this forecast?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Book, Some Ornaments, and a Giveaway!

A Quiet Sunday

And The Cake Was...