A Special Anniversary Trip To Kick Off The Holiday Season

Happy Thanksgiving!!  I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday, and was able to spend the day with people you love.  Our family got to meet our new nephew, which was definitely something to be thankful for.

This year my husband, MJ, and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary.  To celebrate we planned a trip to Hawaii!  While I hated the thought of all that flying time (11 hours total from the East coast of the United States), I was very excited about going.

We were happy and relaxed for two glorious weeks.



This was the sunset from our table at dinner the last night we were there.  It was a trip I will never forget.  Seeing the USS Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor, the many historic and beautiful beaches and seashores around O'ahu, and the lush, green canyons of Kua'i was something I will never forget. 


While we were away we had some days where we had absolutely nothing planned.  Now tell me, when does a mother ever get to do absolutely nothing?  Never. MJ and I took full advantage of them.  While we were away we opened the sliding glass door in the bedroom of our suite, let the beautiful Hawaiian breezes flow in, and I relaxed with some stitching.  Peaceful Moments seemed like the perfect project to work on in such a setting. 


There is not much more to go on this piece.  Once I'm done with the page I'm currently working on there is one more page to go, and it's not even a full page!  If I keep plugging away I'll have a new finish soon!

Comments

Happy anniversary wishes to you and your husband! It sounded like you had a fabulous Hawaiian trip. Great progress on your stitch piece!

Popular posts from this blog

A Quiet Sunday

A Book, Some Ornaments, and a Giveaway!

And The Cake Was...