A Quiet Sunday

Yesterday we had the joy of going to watch our niece swim in a meet at a local university.  We were up and out early, and with a quick stop at Starbucks to fuel our morning, we were off!  It was great to watch her compete and spend the day with her family.  I worked last night, which is a rare thing for me on a Saturday night, so it was a long day.  Today we're keeping it quiet.  Z has homework to finish, MJ is streaming something on Netflix, and after baking, doing laundry, and vacuuming the house, I am stitching. 

My usual stitching spot gets cold and drafty in the winter at times, so I bought myself a birthday present: a new Ott Light, and I created a second stitching space for myself.


If you've read my blog before you know we're big Disney fans in this house.  I came across a chart recently that I told myself I could not do without!  It was a quick start and finish, and I'm glad I was able to get it done before Valentine's Day


I will probably leave it up after February 14th because I really like it.

I know I've said this before, but I'd really like to work on projects that I've already started, so I pulled this out because it was calling my name, probably because it's not far from being done:


That fabric is driving me crazy, and I got incredibly frustrated the other day when I saw that the motifs on each side of the cup don't line up the way they're supposed to.  Ugh!!!  It's too much to rip out, and I'm way too far gone to scrap it, so I will carry on with it, and eventually add it to my chocolate wall in our dining room.  I can't wait to get this one done and off my "to do" list!

In my frustration the other day I put Hot Chocolate down, and looked for something else to work on that was in my WIP pile.




It's definitely not scarecrow season, but this one was working up nicely when I put it down.  It called for all Weeks Dye Works floss, but I converted the colors to DMC since I had all of them on hand.  Again, having a large stash comes in handy!!

Like I said, it's a quiet day.  Tonight I'm going to a tye dye event at work.  I haven't tye dyed anything since I was a little girl in summer camp!  Is it ridiculous that I'm looking forward to this?  

I wish everyone a good week.  Maybe my next post will include pictures of my tye dye creation!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Book, Some Ornaments, and a Giveaway!

Stitching On the Road