Back In The New Year's Swing Of Things

As this is my first post since Christmas I must start off with Happy New Year!!!  I wish all of you a blessed, happy and healthy 2018!!

I am not the kind of person who makes New Year's resolutions.  It's never been a habit I got in to, and I was never very good at keeping them, anyway.  What I have decided is that this year I would like to put in a few stitches every day.  Stress and anxiety sometimes get in the way, but I think this year I'm really going to try to push through.

Putting in some stitches every day has helped me make good progress on Mickey and Minnie out in their sleigh.


Considering that I only started working on it right after Thanksgiving I think I've made good progress on it!  Depending on how you look at it I'm either late for last Christmas, or I'm getting a head start for this year.  Either way, it's getting close to a finish.

I have a friend who finishes two WIPs for every one new start.  I'm not that  disciplined, but I do have to start getting some projects finished.  Since I've been hearing the call of other projects lately I decided to pull out a work in progress rather than start something new.  I'm clearly in a Disney phase, because Mickey Salutes America was calling me the loudest.


The flag on the left side is complete.  I have to finish the body, and the right side of the flag, but this one is getting closer to a finish as well.  That seems to be a recurring theme with me: this project is close to being done. If I could stick to one project I would get something done!

Speaking of finished projects, I picked Cherry Hollow Farm Sampler up from the framer today.  Picking mats and frames always takes me a long time, and after I've placed the order I'm never sure I made the right decisions, but I think this piece really came out beautifully.  It will hang in our dining room next to the china cabinet.


I'm very excited to have it home!

Comments

Both Mickey projects are looking good. I am sitting here cheering you on. What a beautiful framed piece you shared! I know you will enjoy seeing it on your wall. Happy New Year!

Popular posts from this blog

A Quiet Sunday

A Book, Some Ornaments, and a Giveaway!

And The Cake Was...