The Year of the WIP

2018 has gotten off to a good start.  As the title of my post suggests, this is starting out as the Year of the WIP.  While I have heard new projects calling my name I have resisted the temptation to start something new, and have decided instead to work on my growing pile of works on progress.  By doing this I've finished two projects since the begining of the new year.  My last post showed off Mickey Salutes America (more on that later), and today I'm excited to show off Tranquil Moments by Needlemania!


It is stitched on a 28 count evenweave with colors called Perfect Piecrust and Morning Glory, both by Crescent Colors.  This project was started years ago when my family and I were visiting my sister in Texas.  I'll always remember that this was the project I was working on when I taught my niece to stitch while we were on that trip.

With two projects done I decided to see what else I could work on that had already been started.  There are alot to choose from, but I decided to stick with the Disney theme for a while.  Say hello to Barbershop Quartet.


This is definitely one of the oldest projects in the pile.  I started it using the materials in the kit, which included 14 count aida cloth.  Somewhere along the line I made BIG counting errors, and I was way off count.  I didn't know where the mistakes were, so the project was put aside.  At some point I pulled it back out and took a hard look at it.  By that point I had moved from stitching on aida to evenweaves and linens, plus the white on white stitching was killing me.  I made the decision to toss what I had and start over.  Using a 28 count evenweave that I dyed myself I started over.  It got put aside again after more mistakes.  There was a part that was supposed to be done as a half stitch using one thread, but I did full cross stitches using two threads.    When I pulled the project out yet again I frogged out the incorrect full stitches, and moved forward.

This is where I was last week when I finally got going for the third time:

  
And this is as of this afternoon:


And finally, I am so excited because Mickey is in the house!!!


I picked Mickey Salutes America up from the framer today, and I'm thrilled!  It's already hanging on the wall giving a salute to anyone who walks by.

Comments

Congratulations on your latest WIP finish; beautiful design and colors! What a gorgeous frame and matting you picked out for Saluting Mickey! Your current project is looking good.

Popular posts from this blog

A Quiet Sunday

A Book, Some Ornaments, and a Giveaway!

Stitching On the Road