A Holly, Jolly Christmas

It's the day after Christmas, and while my kids are quiet I thought I would update my blog.  It was a quiet day here, with just MJ's parents coming for dinner.  I don't do alot of fuss when I set the table, but my Christmas table runner always looks so pretty.  It was a large project, but was well worth the time and effort.


This is the first year in a long time that I made no new stitched Christmas ornaments.  Over the years, between the ones I've made and the ones I've received as gifts or in exchanges, I've amassed quite a collection.  In addition to the Christmas tree in the living room I put up a second tree in our den where I hang my stitched ornaments.  I'm beginning to think I need a bigger tree!


Christmas stitching continues on Mickey and Minnie.  Now that they have eyes, ears, and a hat I can move on to stitching their sleigh.


Every family has their own holiday traditions, and ours is no different.  One that started about three years ago is Dessert for Dinner Night.  It started innocently enough three years ago.  I was standing in the kitchen trying to figure out what to make my family for dinner.  I finally said that I would make waffles and bacon, since I had everything I needed for that in the house.  MJ asked, "With ice cream?" As you can imagine our two sons jumped all over that idea, and Dessert for Dinner Night was born.  We usually have it on December 23rd, but we had family in town that night who wanted to see us, so we moved it a few days.  Traditions are important, but so is flexibility.


I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season, whichever holiday you and your family celebrate.  I wish good health and happiness for you all in 2018.

Comments

Mindy said…
I love the idea of Dessert for Dinner Night! The tree is beautiful.
What a beautiful tree filled with stitched ornaments! Minnie and Mickey are looking good. I love your Dessert for Dinner Night. Wishing you a New Year filled with peace, much happiness, and many stitches.

Popular posts from this blog

A Book, Some Ornaments, and a Giveaway!

A Quiet Sunday

And The Cake Was...