A Record Week

Can you believe I had two finishes this week?  TWO!!  I don't think that's ever happened in my stitching life time.


Welcome to Hogwarts was one of this week's finishes.  


This sweet little penguin was a quick start and finish.  A very dear friend of mine was suddenly hospitalized and had to have major surgery.  She loves penguins, and I knew I had a small penguin design...somewhere.  I found it pretty quickly, and decided to make it for her.  This is where having a decent sized stash of supplies comes in handy!! My husband and kids were told not to bother me unless someone had lost a limb, and I sat myself down and got to work.  It was delivered to her in the hospital the next day, and she was so touched that I thought of her.  Her surgery went well (thankfully), and she is on the long road to recovery.

So, two finishes deserves a new start, right?  Normally I would say yes, but I'm trying to work on things already started.


Passion Chocolat was started awhile ago.  It's by Madam Le Fee.  Love the pattern, not fond of the chart, which is why it fell to the bottom of the pile, but I'm trying to push through.  Why am I not crazy about the chart?  It's because the chart is over six pages, and each new page does not have those gray lines that are the last two or three rows of stitching from the previous page.  I find it hard to figure out the placement of the next motif, but I started a chocolate project, and I'm going to finish it!

Not all of the motifs need backstitching, so I've been doing that as I go, which seems to make it go faster.  Maybe because I know once I finish that piece of chocolate cake I know it's really done? 

And that is the recent news.  I hope everyone reading this is well and healthy.  Enjoy your stitching!

Comments

Congratulations on your finishes! The WIP looks good. It is frustrating when there are darker gridlines indicating the page breaks.

Popular posts from this blog

A Book, Some Ornaments, and a Giveaway!

A Quiet Sunday

And The Cake Was...