I seem to have entered a stitching slump. Frequent migraines, several home improvement projects, my son's looming high school graduation, and family issues seems to have gotten in my way, and nothing seems to be tempting me to get my needles moving.
What is a stitcher to do? This stitcher looked to a book that I bought at Christmas time, hoping to get myself moving. I LOVE Star Wars. While I was walking thought Barnes and Nobles one night I saw this kit on the shelf.
Wow!! How cool is that? I did Darth Vader and Bobba Fett for my sons for their birthdays, and I've had R2D2 kitted up since the beginning of the year. Could this be what I need to get me out of my slump?
While I have stitched on it, I can't say that it's gotten me moving. I am, however, trying to stitch. Maybe clear progress on a project will help motivate me and my stitching needles. I have to say that I'm seriously thinking about ordering fabric for BB-8!
We all have them. Projects that started working on, and got quite far on, but it then gets puts aside for one reason or another. I am certainly no exception! I started this more than a year ago.
Meet Vinny the Vampire by Glendon Place. As you can see I got a lot done. I had to stitch the moon that goes behind the bat, and do the back stitching. So why did I put him aside?
There were several reasons, but the big one was that I just could not figure out the directions for how to stitch the moon! It sounds simple. Start here, and stitch diagonally. You would think I would be able to figure that out!
I finally plucked up the courage and asked the question on Facebook! Thank goodness for the kindness of stitchers! No one made me feel stupid for not understanding what turned out to be something very simple. Vinny finally has a moon, and I will soon be able to remove this project from the unfinished project bin!
It's been a busy time here. Spring break starts this week, which means Easter is on its way, so why are we dealing with two kids sick with the flu? Ugh! We get through the whole winter with no one being really sick, and now that spring is here we have fevers and barky coughs. It was not a fun week.
Work on Intervention is continuing. I finished the blue, spring border:
I was really happy with these colors, and how this border turned out. It was time to turn to my trusty book to find a border that I thought them would represent winter. Nothing with a lot of flowers or leaves on it, but that was all that I was seeing. The I saw it:
Sort of snow flake like! I used dark colors, not only to represent the lack of bright colors and flowers, but also because the sun sets so early during the winter and it's dark for longer each day.
This is what the project looks like as of this morning:
One more corner to work on, and then I can start to work on filling in each section with …