Progress On A Beautiful Sunday Afternoon

MJ's birthday was last week. Unfortunately, on his actual birthday we had lots of running around with the kids to do, so there was no birthday celebration on that day, but this weekend I had his parents, brother and sister-in-law over for a birthday barbecue.

One of the projects that I have undertaken in the last few months is to teach M how to cook. For the most part, it's been simple things so far: tacos, pasta, chili. Yesterday I had him helping me man the grill.

He looks pretty good standing there. He was happy to get to learn how to use the grill and to spend some time with me while we cooked his dad's birthday dinner. Luckily, it was a nice day for grilling! Hopefully, somewhere in my future a daughter-in-law will be happy with the lessons that I gave him all those years ago!

Other projects are getting some attention, too. I finished the first of the Disney squares for the baby quilt:



Mickey was supposed to have a pink border all around, but when I started it, I just was not happy with it, so I changed it to blue. Next up? Donald Duck!


From the quilt square I went to an oldie, but a goodie. The Nativity table runner got some attention, too.



I finished the shepard that I was working on and he now has a head. Very important if he wants to see what he travelled all that way for. I'm on the second to last page. I have to do the stars, the lettering at the top, and a sheep that is laying near him. At least I think it's a sheep.



A close up of the shepard:


I made some progress on the pandas, but I forgot to take a picture of it. I'll post that the next time.


I'm off to enjoy the beautiful Sunday weather that we have here today. Maybe I'll even get some stitching in.






Comments

Gabi said…
Good on you to teach your son cooking. It's a very good skill to have in life.
Congrats with finishing Mickey. Love that blue border too.
Your Nativity table runner is awesome. Love it.
Hi Pam, love the stitching update and way to go on teachings. Don't you just love it when your children want to do something that you like to do? Happy Belated Birthday to MJ and many Happy Returns.
Be always in stitches.

Popular posts from this blog

A Quiet Sunday

A Book, Some Ornaments, and a Giveaway!

And The Cake Was...