An Early Start On Christmas

I have my worker bee energy this morning. I made all the beds, took Zach to sports camp this morning, did the grocery shopping, made dinner for tonight and parked it in the fridge, prepared dinner for tomorrow and have that marinating in the fridge, washed the dishes, loaded the dishwasher, and did two loads of laundry. I'm tired and the day isn't even half over yet! I think that I earned my stitching time today.

I think that I am a lucky girl. I am very lucky that I have a craft closet. I know that there are alot of people out there who have sewing and stitching rooms (something I am hoping for after my boys have flown the coop), but I have a large closet all to myself. All of my flosses, fabrics, paints, paint brushes, kits, charts, books, magazines, all of my craft supplies are in that one space, so at least I know where to look for something when I need it. Or I have some place to put things that I'm not quite sure what to do with

Once again, I think that I need to look through the closet more often, or at least remember what I threw in there. I was sitting on the couch yesterday afternoon and suddenly a thought popped into my head (a scary thought, I know): What ever did I do with those little Santas that I started all those years ago? My intention was to stitch these Santas and attach them to a wreath for the Christmas.

As you can see, I never that. When I pulled them out two of the Santas were completely finished. The third just needed the back stitching. So why, exactly, did I just throw them in the craft closet and forget about them? I don't really know what my train of thought was, but I decided that it was time for these Santas to see the light of day again. In less than an hour I had the backstitching on the last Santa done. I added the ribbon hangers and backed them with felt (no one needs to see the messy backs, do they?) and voila! Three more ornaments!! That brings the total of new ornaments to eight, five of which were "found" in the closet. Imagine what I would lose if I had a whole room? Scary thought. Oh, and in case anyone is interested, I started these LONG before Z was even a thought in my mind, and he's 7 now! That's a long time ago!

So what was I working on that got me to thinking about those Santas? Obviously, it was something Christmas. It combines two of my favorite things. Anyone want to take a guess? And believe it or not, it has nothing to do with pandas!

It's Disney and stitching!


Mickey Mouse sitting in the middle of a Christmas wreath, or at least he will be when I get done with him. There is a Minnie Mouse design, too. I started this a few weeks ago, but I decided to spend some time on it this weekend. I did something dangerous last week. I looked through my stash to see what ornaments I have to work on. Going through my stash is sort of like stash shopping all over again, and this got me in the Christmas ornament spirit.

As I said in my last post, I have made the HAED pandas a priority and I did really well, too. I stitched pages 13 and 14 on Friday night.


I decided to take a break from it for a week or so and work on the Mickey ornament and the sampler letter, and then get back to it.


A quick update on my father-in-law! After being in and out of the hospital for three weeks since the end of July, he is finally home!! I'm hoping that the third time is the charm and that this time he is home to stay. My in-laws stopped by yesterday afternoon and he looks better than he has since he went in for the initial kidney surgery. I'm so grateful that he's home. Thank you to anyone who said a prayer or had a good thought for him. I appreciate them all!

Comments

Kathy said…
I am so glad your FIL is doing better. I hope and pray that there are no more health problems for a long while. :)

Now on to stitching. The Panda piece is looking great. Only 4 more years to go. LOL

Love the Mickey one. That will be adorable. And glad you found those ornaments to add to the collection. Wonder how many more are hiding in the closet. :)
Gabi said…
Good to hear that your FIL is doing better.
Your stitching looks fantastic as always. Love your panda. But also the smalls.

Popular posts from this blog

A Book, Some Ornaments, and a Giveaway!

A Quiet Sunday

And The Cake Was...