A Finish and a New (Re)Start

My husband, my son, Z, and I were in Chicago for five days last week.  M chose to stay home and have some extra time with his grandparents.  I think Tiger the Wonder Kitty missed me while we were gone.


While we were gone, and after we got back, I kept working on Vinny the Vampire and his moon, and I'm so glad that I pulled this project back out to see the light of day!  He's finished!!  My plan is to turn him into a pillow and he can be a pair with Frankie the Thinker, also by Glendon Place.



A new finish means a new start, right?  How about a new restart?  I started Hot Chocolate by Alessandra Adelaide Needlwork a long time ago, and I got pretty far on it.  Unfortunately, I had my fabric turned the wrong way and only realized that the design wouldn't fit the way I was stitching on it until it was too late.  There was too much stitching to pull out, and I reluctantly tossed the fabric.  I had actually forgotten about it until I started going through my basket of kitted up leaflets.  While we were in Chicago I was hoping to be able to visit Welcome Stichery, and I took the opportunity to look for a new piece of chocolate brown fabric.  It's a 30 count linen, and I have to admit that I'm having a hard time stitching on the dark fabric, as I don't usually stitch on anything this dark, but I'm pushing through.


I'll have a picture of this for my next post.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Much Stitching Going On

Sometimes The Instructions Are The Hard Part

Lots Of Borders To Look At