A Finish and a New (Re)Start

My husband, my son, Z, and I were in Chicago for five days last week.  M chose to stay home and have some extra time with his grandparents.  I think Tiger the Wonder Kitty missed me while we were gone.


While we were gone, and after we got back, I kept working on Vinny the Vampire and his moon, and I'm so glad that I pulled this project back out to see the light of day!  He's finished!!  My plan is to turn him into a pillow and he can be a pair with Frankie the Thinker, also by Glendon Place.



A new finish means a new start, right?  How about a new restart?  I started Hot Chocolate by Alessandra Adelaide Needlwork a long time ago, and I got pretty far on it.  Unfortunately, I had my fabric turned the wrong way and only realized that the design wouldn't fit the way I was stitching on it until it was too late.  There was too much stitching to pull out, and I reluctantly tossed the fabric.  I had actually forgotten about it until I started going through my basket of kitted up leaflets.  While we were in Chicago I was hoping to be able to visit Welcome Stichery, and I took the opportunity to look for a new piece of chocolate brown fabric.  It's a 30 count linen, and I have to admit that I'm having a hard time stitching on the dark fabric, as I don't usually stitch on anything this dark, but I'm pushing through.


I'll have a picture of this for my next post.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Book, Some Ornaments, and a Giveaway!

A Quiet Sunday

And The Cake Was...