A Very Busy Week

I'm not even sure where to start with what this week was like.  I suppose I should start at the beginning with my husband having surgery to remove an obstruction in the kidney area this past Monday.  He did well, but I was really not pleased with the care he received in the hospital.  A surgical PA who came in to evaluate him on Tuesday was trying to release him without consulting the physician of record, and the hospital would have let him go if I hadn't called the doctor and demanded to know what the hell was going on!  He hadn't even started on clear liquids yet and this guy was trying to release him?  Ugh!  They sent him home the next day, again, against my better judgment, but it was what it was.  He's home and on the road to healing, which is what is important.

Friday brought move in day for M, my college freshman.  He didn't want me to take any pictures, but this was a huge step for him.  He's not far away, and while living in the dorm is a big adjustment for all kids he seems to be doing well, although he says the food "sucks."  Well, it certainly isn't Mom's home cooking!!

Saturday brought a big dek hockey championship game for Z and Coach MJ.  It was a tight game with both teams battling right up until the final horn sounded,  and as you can see the Cyclones were victorious!!  It's their first championship, and I have never seen a happier group of boys.




The game pretty much wiped MJ out, and he came home and slept off the excitement, but he was so happy to be able to be at the game with his boys.  On to the next season!!

With all of this going on around me I managed a few stitches since my last post.  I finished the UVW square of the LHN alphabet series, leaving only two squares left to go!  XYZ is next up, and then I have to go back and restart OPQ, and then all of them will be done.  Then I can concentrate on finishing them so I can put the cubby shelf on the wall and proudly display them.


I don't know where all of my readers are, but here on Long Island it's been much cooler this week, which turns my thoughts to my favorite cold weather treat: hot chocolate!  You can see the swirling steam, and the top of the mug.  The dark fabric makes this harder to work on, so with all of the stress of this week I really haven't worked on it, but today is a quiet day and it's on my list of things to do today.


A good piece to work on through the stress was Mickey Salutes America!  I really need to get back to this one as I can really see the light at the end of the tunnel here.


That was my week in a nutshell.  I hope everyone is doing well, and getting some stitching in.




Comments

Congratulations to the guys on their hockey win! Best wishes to your oldest has he begins college. Your LHN sampler finish is darling. Glad you have been able to get in some stitching. Enjoy the coming week!

Popular posts from this blog

A Quiet Sunday

A Book, Some Ornaments, and a Giveaway!

Stitching On the Road