Page 12!

Well, it's a rainy Friday here on Long Island. For the last week I have been running around doing all kinds of errands, bringing packages to get delivered, grocery shopping, laundry, cleaning. Ugh!! My version of a homemaker's nightmare. So today, with Z in preschool and the house quiet, I decided to take the time and do nothing but stitch this morning. It was just what my tired soul needed. A glass of iced tea, two "West Wing" re-runs (I REALLY miss that show), my recliner, and my sampler. Not a bad way to spend the morning, especially when there is progress to be shouted about from the roof tops! Page 12 is history!! Woo hoo!!


The next part that I'm going to work on is the rest of the big "C" that is in the center.

For some reason, this project never seems to get old. I've worked on other things and there are times when I just can't look at it anymore, but this is not one of them. I take breaks from it every few weeks, but I always come back to it. I think at this point part of the reason I keep coming back is that I know I have more done than not, and every stitch is one stitch closer to being done. I can't wait to see it hanging on the wall in the dining room. I just hope my boys don't fight over it when I'm gone. Ugh! What a thought!

M had a beginners musician's concert this week. He plays the violin in the school orchestra. For a while he kept telling me that he didn't know if he would want to continue to play next year, which kind of broke my heart. I grew up participating the school choruses and choirs, all the way through college, and I wanted my kids to be involved in music so badly, but the other day he told me that that wants participate in the summer music program and play violin next year. My musician's heart was thrilled!

Other than that, it's been pretty quiet here this week. Just alot of rain - AGAIN!! At least I don't have to worry about watering the flowers!

Comments

BronnyB said…
Lovely to see the progress on your sampler. It's a better thought that your children will fight over posession of your sampler than to think that they won't care! I'm sure that you'll stitch something else so they can share! My stitching gives pleasure to me - now. I don't want to think about when I've gone! - lol
Gabi said…
Your sampler is gorgeous. Love that little panda on it. Good that your son continues to play a music instrument. He won't regret it later. Youth gives up on those things to easy and think later on back with a bit pity that they stopped.
Anonymous said…
What a beautiful sampler and the little panda is just adorable. I often stitch while watching/listening to the West Wing too, an excellent show!
Donna said…
Great progress on the sampler!

Popular posts from this blog

A Quiet Sunday

A Book, Some Ornaments, and a Giveaway!

And The Cake Was...