Another One Off My List

After I finished the sampler last week I sat down and made a stitching plan, which is actually a pretty big deal for me because I usually just fly by the seat of my pants when it comes to stitching and work on whatever my minds wants to work on at any given point. I decided that I wanted to start some Christmas ornaments, but that I had a few too many starts sitting in the stitching bag. So, if I wanted to get moving on some ornaments, a WIP would have to finished.

The project that was closest to being completed was the LHN piece that I started, so that was the projects of the week. Last night I put in the final stitches on it:



Again, it's not washed or ironed, but it's done. This is "Necessities Sampler" and it is stitched with DMC floss on 28 count Monaco fabric that I tea dyed.

Now, on to Christmas stitching!!!!! I headed into Lazy Daisy on Saturday to get some floss, and wound up with that, as well as fabric for the ornaments and a whole new set of ornaments that I want to do by Blue Ribbon Designs. Like I really needed those? I dind't have enough ornament ideas sitting here at the house? I needed more?

This is the first year that I've had the desire to start stitching for the holidays this early. I'm usually a late starter when it comes the Christmas stitching and I'm always working at the last minute to get things finished in time. Maybe I'm turning over a new leaf? If it's a trend that continues into next year then I would say so. But for this year, I'll just call it some kind of quirk in my stitching mojo and move on.

Today is the last day of summer vacation for the kids. At this time tomorrow I will be listening to the sounds of quiet. No video games. No television blasting. No kids calling, "Mom!! We're hungry!!" No kids eating me out of house and home! Both M and Z seem to be ready for school. I think that they are both having a case of nerves setting in, but they both will be okay. M has always been a great student and his teachers have always said what a pleasure he is to have in their class, and while this is Z's first year in the school system, his pre-school teachers have also said that his is a good student who is a joy to teach. This is a transition year for M as this is his last year in elementary school. Next year it's the big move to middle school, which, as I am told from other mothers, is a whole different animal. But, he still has this one year in his old school and I'm looking forward to a positive year for both of them. And ALOT of stitching time for me!

Comments

Your finish is lovely ~ good for you for completing a WIP. Good luck to the kiddies going back to school. Enjoy your time alone! Can't wait to see your Christmas stitching!
If you stitch until recess time then do some housework for recess, then get back at the stitching it will be lunch time before you know it and you will have learned(woooops I mean stitched) a great deal. Have a great day Pam and be always in stitches( at least until 3ish)
tkdquintmom said…
It's our guys first day of middle school too and they are nervous. I wish I could stay at home tomorrow and just enjoy a day for me but it's tax time around here and the public comes to chew me out for something I have no control over LOL
Gabi said…
Wonderful finish. Wishing you lots of stitching time with the kids at school and looking forward to admire your Christmas stitching
Deb said…
I give you tons of credit on finishing a wip! It looks great! But AUGHHHH, Christmas stitching??? I know, it will be here before we know it. And my kids go back to school tomorrow too! I'm ready and I think that they're ready too.
Carol said…
Oh, I love the colors in your latest finish, Pam! Enjoy your "free" time when the boys are in school--it goes so quickly!
Kathy said…
Lovely finish Pam.

I hope the first couple of school days went well and you were able to enjoy the peace and quiet.

I look forward to seeing the ornaments.
Hazel said…
Beautiful finish!! xx

Popular posts from this blog

A Quiet Sunday

A Book, Some Ornaments, and a Giveaway!

Stitching On the Road