A Hard Morning

School has been in session for just over a week here, and so far everything has been going well. Until this morning. I don't know what happened. Everyone got up and did everything that they were supposed to do before they can play until it's time to head over to the bus stop. Z was playing with the boys at the bus stop and seemed fine. When they went to go line up for the bus, all of a sudden I saw that he looked sad. I went over to him and asked what was wrong and he started crying and saying that he wanted to go home. I'm not sure if something happened when he was playing with the older kids, or if something happened yesterday at school, but he was clearly not happy about having to go to school.

My MIL and I were walking after the bus left and our walking route takes us past the school, so I went over the door by the kindergarten wing and told the aide at the door that he got on the bus and was very upset so that his teacher would know what he was like when he left, in case he was still unhappy when he arrived there. I hate when I have to leave then crying like that.

It's been one of those weeks where my two loves are competing for my attention. Do I stitch? Do I read? Do I read? Do I stitch? Decisions! Decisions! It's so hard. My neighbor, another big reader, lent me "Pillars of the Earth" by Ken Follet. So far, it's pretty good, but I'm only about 50 pages into it. Then, on Tuesday, Dan Brown's "The Lost Symbol" came out, which made a trip to Borders a necessity. So far, I'm loving it! Is anyone else reading it?

I did manage to finish another ornament last night at my friend's house. Then I pulled out the HAED that I started. I haven't picked that up since I had major frogging to do on it at the beginning of August, but it's been calling me from my stitching bag, so I thought it would be nice if it saw the light of day again. Hopefully, I won't have frogging like that to do again. I'll have to be more careful when I'm looking at the symbols on the color key.

Tonight is Lazy Daisy night. And I can't go! It's open school night for M's grade, so DH and I will be heading over the school to meet his teacher. I've heard only good things about her, and M seems to really like her. I'm not that crazy about Z's teacher, though. I'll have to see how things go as the school year progresses, but she's terrible with boys. It's going to be an interesting year. Ahh! The joys of motherhood!

Comments

I am sure Z will be happier once he gets in the swing of being at school, and oh, I got it Pam, you stitch And get audio books. Very interesting concept and you can be always in stitches.
Deb said…
Oh my goodness, both of my kids went through a crying thing when they were little. I think that it's a little bit of separation anxiety. I think once he gets a week or so under his belt he'll be fine.

I ran out and bought Dan Brown's book and still haven't started it. I'm chomping at the bit to do so, but am trying to finish up another one.
Sarah said…
Awwww...poor little guy. :( Hopefully tomorrow will be a better morning for him. :)
doris said…
Oh, poor Z. Crying kindergarteners make me wanna cry myself. Hopefully, he'll adjust soon and all will be well.

Pillars of the Earth is a great book. I'm with Jayne ... books on cd are the best.
tkdquintmom said…
My kids ran away from me and couldn't wait to go! LOL! I'm so sorry the little guy had such a rough day. Hopefully he has settled in now? I'm sending him a big 'cyber' hug from Panda Po. :)

Popular posts from this blog

A Book, Some Ornaments, and a Giveaway!

A Quiet Sunday

And The Cake Was...