Back In the Routine

Well, it's Friday of the first week back to work for MJ and school for M and Z. I wasn't sure how the kids would do getting back into the school routine. They spent their Christmas vacation getting to bed later than usual and getting up later than usual, not to mention the days where they just wanted to be "Pajama Boys" all day. I have to admit that I enjoy the mornings where I'm not moving kids along to get get dressed, get their teeth brushed, get their morning chores done so that we can get to the bus stop and to the pre-school on time. Z was really happy about going back, but M was not as pleased. He got through the week pretty well, though, so I guess it went okay once he actually got to school. Now that everyone is back to work and school I remember what I like when everyone is where they are supposed to be: the quite time! Honestly, I can get more done in the few hours that Z is at pre-school that I did in the whole week and half of vacation, when everyone is yelling, "Mom! I need help!" "Mom, where are my socks?" "Mom!" "Mom!" "Mom!" You get the idea.

Back to school also means back to the gym for me. I've been going on and off for the past year, but I have to admit that it's been mostly off during the holidays. I took a spin class on Thursday. It was alot harder than I thought it would be. My tush aches! But it was a really good class so I think I may do it again next week. Z is great about going to the gym because he likes to go to the child care room because he's made alot of friends there. Thursday he didn't want to leave!

I have gotten some stitching done, too, but I haven't taken any pictures. I did almost a whole page of my personalized sampler and the dress in the angel is pretty much done. Now I just have to put in her body and the wings. I think she's going to be so pretty when she is done. I wasn't sure about how the colors were going to look when I was pulling the threads, but now that I see her dress all stitched it really does look pretty. I can't wait to finish her. I"ll take some new pictures of my works in progress once I finish this page of the sampler so that you will be able to see clear progress from the last pictures.

We are supposed to get some pretty significant snow here over the weekend, so I'm looking forward to staying home and snuggling under some blankets. My best friend is having a party tomorrow night in NYC, but something tells me that bad weather is going to keep me and the munchkins home.

Comments

tkdquintmom said…
Girl, I took the whole week off from TKD and it's sooooooo hard to get back to it, but you do...because you have to. :-) It wasn't a bad week here with the kids. I think I'm in another demision because they acted 'normal' this week! LOL...did you hear about that Panda in China that attacked that bystander? WOW!

Popular posts from this blog

A Book, Some Ornaments, and a Giveaway!

A Quiet Sunday

And The Cake Was...