Favorite Finishes of 2008

Happy New Year. As usual, I am looking forward to the new year. We have alot of exciting things coming. The kids will all be another year older (so will I, but we don't have to talk about that, do we?) and Z will be old enough to start kindergarten in the fall. He wants to go on the school bus like his brother. There is a wedding in the family coming that we are all going to be involved in. As I was thinking about what I was looking forward to, I started thinking about the projects that I had finished in 2008. Here are my favorite finishes of the year:

These two are special to me because I stitched them on hand dyed fabric that I dyed. I started a small business earlier this year, Summer Breeze Hand Dyed Fabrics earlier this year. Business has been slow, but my LNS is carrying my fabrics on consignment, so I was really excited about it. This first piece is called "Chocolate Shoppe" and is by Little House Needleworks. I LOVE chocolate so when I saw this pattern I had to have and I had to do it right away. The fabric is called Milk Chocolate and is worked with DMC floss.

This is also by LHN and is called "Schoolgirl Lessons" The fabric is called Caribbean Sea and it worked with a DMC floss. Unfortunately, I can't remember which color I used, but I remember it being one of the higher numbers. When I finished this I found that it really matched the colors in the den, so I hangs right next to my stitching chair.


This is Daniel's quilt. I realize that this picture has been posted here before, but it really was one of my favorite projects of the year. It was made for our new nephew, Daniel, who was born in November. My SIL really loved it and was so pleased that I put all of the work into it.

This is the best finish of the year. This is "Noah's Sub" by Stoney Creek. I made it for my God-daughter. Her mom was doing the baby's room in a Noah's Ark theme and her dad is a huge Beatles fan. What do you make for a child like this? Noah in a Yellow Submarine, of course. I started it in January 2007, about three weeks after my God-daughter was born. I had to stop at one point in early March because Z, who thought he was trying to be mommy's helper, cut a large hole right in the center of the fabric. Yikes! But a woman on the 123 Message Board read my post about how my project had been ruined and told me that she had started this project, would never finished and would like to send me the one she had started. Not only was hers on much nicer fabric than I had used, but she was much farther along that I had been. Still, it took me 16 months to finish it. I did do some small projects at the same time because this one was so big that there were days when I just could not look at it. I think I did my biggest happy dance of joy when I finished this one. Right now it's hanging in my God-daughter's room and her mom, who has been my best friend since we were 13, was so grateful for the gift.



There you have it. My favorite finishes of the year. Hopefully, I'll have many more to show you in the coming year. Happy New Year and happy stitching!


Comments

tkdquintmom said…
Pam you have been busy! I've been catching up on the blogging and I LOVE your personal sampler! Love the panda, but I really love R2D2 hanging out! What a fit! I hope you have a safe and happy new stitchy year to come!
Improvedliving said…
thanks for sharing these favorite finishes.




Beatles Fan
LoriRay said…
That's a very nice assortment of finishes but I love your "Noah's Sub". Maybe I'll get mine finished in 2009. You inspire me!

Happy New Year! :)

Popular posts from this blog

A Book, Some Ornaments, and a Giveaway!

A Quiet Sunday

And The Cake Was...