Don't You Just Love When You Finish Something?

Did everyone have a good Thanksgiving? Our was very good. We had dinner at my in-laws house, which is a whole two minute drive from my house. So not only did I not have to cook, but I didn't have to fight traffic, either! Christmas will be a different story when we head to Delaware to be with my side of the family. It's a good thing that my kids are good in the car.

Last weekend I had the good fortune to finish not one, but two projects. When I know that I'm near the end and I can see that bright light at the end of the tunnel all I want to do is stitch until it's done. To me, there is nothing more satisfying than putting in that last stitch, holding the piece up and shouting, "It's done!" What did I finish? I finished "The Anniversary" by My Big Toe and piece by Alessandra Adelaide Needlework's called "Panda" (is anyone surprised by that one?) It will make a wonderful addition to the panda wall. Both of them have been taken to the framers and I will, hopefully, have them back this week. Pictures will definitely be following.

M's class is studying Iroquois Indians in school and next week they are having Iroquois day. I have to send him to school dressed in my best imitation of Indian clothing. I am off to the fabric store to see if I can find some type of fury cloth that my friend will help me make into something he can wear to school that resembles something native American. We'll see how that one turns out. Ahh, the joys of being a mother!

Comments

Suzanne said…
I'm looking forward to seeing pictures! I hope to have a finish by the end of the day myself...

Suzanne
Sarah said…
Can't wait to see the finished pictures!

Popular posts from this blog

A Book, Some Ornaments, and a Giveaway!

A Quiet Sunday

And The Cake Was...