My New Finishes

Now I know that I said yesterday that there was nothing more satisfying that putting that last stitch into a project and looking at a completely finished piece. But, I have to admit that my little heart goes aflutter when I get the call from the framing center that tell me that my custom framing order is ready for pick up whenever I want to come in. I never wait too long. I need to see if what I picked will really look as good as I had hoped it would. I've never really been disappointed with a frame that I've chosen, though.

This is called "The Anniversary" and is by designer My Big Toe. It was done with overdyed floss, which I really don't like to work with alot because it's not color fast and I'm paranoid that it will get wet somehow and the colors will run all over the place. I am, however, getting used to working with it and I think that I"ll be using it more in the future. The dark color is Pansy Purple by Crescent Colors and the lighter color is Lavender by Weeks Dye Works. As you can see from the date on the picture the wedding is quite a ways away, but I wanted to work on it because I thought that design was really impressive.


This is by Alessandra Adelaide Needleworks and is called "Panda" and is from her Friends collection. This is also done with an overdyed floss by Gentle Arts called Dried Thyme.


This little guy makes a perfect addition to my Panda Wall. This is our den and the paint color on the wall, called Soft Fern, just seems to match my panda paraphernalia really well.


So, the wedding piece will be put away until my future sister-in-laws bridal shower and I made MJ hang up the panda piece as soon as I got home. I love it when things work out.

Comments

Suzanne said…
The MBT piece is lovely...they should cherish it for years to come. Love the panda too!
Sarah said…
They both came out great. They look wonderful in the frames!

Popular posts from this blog

A Book, Some Ornaments, and a Giveaway!

A Quiet Sunday

And The Cake Was...